Home » Uncategorized » About The Lollipop Chart

About The Lollipop Chart

About Lollipop Chart

What is a lollipop chart you may ask? A lollipop chart is very similar to a bar chart, except there is a line and a dot at the end. It is shaped just like a lollipop stick with the percent near and/or in the dot.

My Lollipop Chart

Now I decided to design my own lollipop chart referencing my favorite drink: coffee. I thought why not list all the options people may put in their cup of coffee, which are all common add-ins everyone sees on the basis in any coffee shop, cafe, etc. Then, going by general assumptions of the population/respondents, I filled in the percentages of each category. What viewers can acknowledge from just glimpsing at this lollipop chart is how half-and-half ranks highest compared to a dash of cinnamon which ranks lowest out of the bunch.

Other Ways to Use a Lollipop Chart

Asides from collecting the ranks, this data/layout may also help companies with their inventory and/or revenue. For instance, say this data actually came from a local coffee shop. The owners will be able to keep up with purchasing either less or more of the item, based on the categories’ percentages. An extra supply of half-and-half, cane sugar, and even artificial sweeteners is important if they want to leave their customers happy. Another way lollipop charts aid companies is by getting to know their customer’s tastes and preferences. That way, the business can stay on top of the most/least popular choices and can stay on top of creating new ideas/ways to make old/new customers purchase more

Summary

In conclusion, a lollipop chart is a bar chart, just with a dot on the end that looks exactly like a lollipop. These charts can be easily read and be easily used in business, surveys, and more. They are important for inventory, consumer’s preferences, and to expand opportunity in the business’s name. My example I made especially shows and helps viewers understand the structure and the purpose of incorporating this chart in the real world.