Home » Uncategorized » Blog post 7

Blog post 7

Francesca Stahl

The Virtual field trip that i decided to take was the Shibuya Crossing in Tokyo Japan. This interested me because I want to travel in the future and often ponder what other places far from the USA look like in a daily setting to compare and contrast. After taking this virtual field trip I noticed this crossing and landscape is very similar to Times Square in New York City. I say this because there are lots of people crossing streets, lots of people commuting, And the laughter of those taking in the views or conversing. The one thing that I did find interesting was, there were not a lot of cars and those that did cross paths were not the newest or best looking. The cabs were all black or green that must have been over 20 years old. The regular people were driving more compact older SUVs or small cars. The laughter and commentary reminded me a lot of home. The buildings had similar infrastructure and designs to them. Lots of Billboards with moving pictures & background music or wording. In my eyes, there was so much to take in along with similarities & most definitely differences. It was a really cool and interesting virtual experience. I think that one item I can take away from this is even though people and culture are different, a lot of the roots & fundamentals of life are similar in the simplest of ways. 

https://www.360cities.net/video/shibuyacrossing-8k360vr-mp4