Home » Accessibility » Virtual Tour of the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History

Virtual Tour of the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History

I took a virtual field trip to the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History which is located in Washington, D.C., United States. Earlier this year I visited this museum but today I wanted to take the virtual tour online. On the website it gave me the opportunity to view the permanent, current or past exhibits. The virtual tour that I chose had pictures of a past exhibit that were displayed prior to when I had made my visit. This virtual tour gave me a different perspective and I found it more interesting because I was able to zoom in and out of exhibits. Usually in person its crowded and you don’t really look at it for too long but viewing it online its gives you more of a connection because you can look at it for however much time you need.

I like learning about Natural History so as I was scrolling through the different displays I came across the Iceland display so I had to virtually visit it!

Click HERE to view virtual tour!
Click HERE to view virtual tour!

I zoomed in on the Northern Lights because they are something I want to see if I ever get the chance to visit Iceland. Iceland is known for its volcanos and glaciers there are also many places to sight see! I am glad this virtual tour of the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History gave me the opportunity to see some images captured of Iceland

If you would like to take a virtual Tour of the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History click HERE.

Thanks for viewing! Follow me on Twitter:// smirnah1

Stockton University is offering a Faculty-Led Study Abroad Program that encourages students to take a GIS course “Quilts” so they can visit Iceland during Spring Break in March of 2022.

Just for reference here is the flyer,