Home » Uncategorized » Virtual Field Trip

Virtual Field Trip

This week, I took a virtual field trip to The Colosseum in Rome, Italy! It is safe to say that this experience was definitely a great one, especially because I’ve always wanted to visit Rome. I was able to view 3D images of The Colosseum so that I can feel like I am actually in Rome!

The Colosseum surprisingly took less than ten years to build. This was possible because the Romans were very good at an architectural technique that they knew well. This was called the arch. Arches were the Roman’s main element of their architecture. The amphitheatre can hold up to seventy thousand people in it. Entry had been free for all Roman citizens, however, they were sat in sections based on their social status. This is very similar to how people are seated in theatres nowadays as well. The closer you were sat to the arena, the higher your social status was. People used to go to The Colosseum for shows such as fights between exotic animals or men between animals. The event that excited the audience most was the gladiators.

Colosseum visitors up to 7.4 million in 2018 - Wanted in Rome

I loved being able to visit The Colosseum virtually and hope to visit it in person some day! You can also visit The Colosseum virtually by clicking here! Thank you for viewing! 🙂