Home » Uncategorized » Blog Post 3-Tatianna Competello

Blog Post 3-Tatianna Competello

For this assignment this week I decided to use the grades Kindergarten through eighth grade. When I clicked on the link I could not believe how many tools there were for these students to use. It really is amazing to see how many educational tools there are out there to use. The tool that interested me the most is International Children’s Digital Library. This caught my attention right away because this library provides free books for children to learn and explore different cultures, languages, subjects, ideas, etc. The fact that this learning tool is free is the best part of it. There really are no excuses why students can not take the time out to learn about different subjects and backgrounds when it is free at their fingertips. Students can explore different races in the world and get a better understanding of them. I think the whole tool itself is useful and can be used in multiple ways. This tool is an important resource for education. This tool was made to help all these free online books continue to educate children in their native languages. This gives children a better understanding of the different cultures in this world. Not only can children learn about other cultures, and races, they can dig deeper into their own culture and learn more information they did not know already. Another point I found useful with this tool is students can access this digital library whenever they please. For example, if a student is completing an assignment in class, and then has to finish it at home, the students can log back into this book and pick up where they left off, or the students can search keywords in the area they are working onto find the exact book they need to complete the assignment. There are a few ways I would use this tool in my classroom. To start, I would pick two days out of the week for students to take about ten minutes of free time to go through this tool and explore a subject or area that interests them the most. Then students could write a sentence or two on what interests them the most, or what the article was about. Another way I would use this tool in my classroom is by having students complete assignments with this tool. For example, I would create questions that students can answer for certain books, and then the students would have to go through the books and read until they find the answer. This is the main way I would this tool in my classroom. I think it is a great idea for students to use and get to know this tool very well. By using this tool to complete assignments students can expand their knowledge in so many areas. The last way I would use this tool in my classroom is by having students complete blog posts just like we do.

This picture is from the website of the tool I chose.
I chose this photo because students are working together on their laptops, using the Digital Library.