Home » Uncategorized » Out of Eden Walk

Out of Eden Walk

Exploring the trail of the Out of Eden Walk was quite interesting. I wanted to start by looking where the walk started: Africa.

More specifically, I looked at Ethiopia. I was unaware that it was the home of one of the oldest human fossils. Reading the first post that sets up the goal and timeline of the walk felt like a good place to start. It gave a lot of background information, as well as descriptive language about the animals and sounds heard in Ethiopia.

I then moved on to “Holy Lands.” I wanted to take a closer look at the post called “Shore Lines.” I thought it was incredibly interesting to learn about brine pools. I had never heard of a brine pool before reading this post, and hearing about the make up and contents of a brine pool was very educating.

I then moved on to read “Treasure Island.” Truthfully, I picked out that post because I had read the novel Treasure Island when I was younger, so the name stuck out to me. I knew very little about the island of Cyprus, and was excited to learn more about it. I had no idea it was one of the oldest inhabited islands on the planet! I especially liked the one part where it said that “For 150 kilometers I am the only thing that moves on foot. Such is the inward loneliness of Europe.” It seems eerily peaceful to me.

I plan on going through the rest of the walk to learn more about these different places & learn about the experiences.

Feel free to check them out as well :

https://www.nationalgeographic.org/projects/out-of-eden-walk/#section-2