Home » Uncategorized » Change Makers

Change Makers

Tiffany Imparato

Global Unity

This we I explored the ideology of becoming a change maker and what that means for educators. We live in a world of innovation in regard of technology and we can put this tech to good use by creating well rounded students. I believe that an educator should be inspired to help students become global citizens that want to make the world a better place. Microsoft has an amazing partnership with an organization named WE.org that embraces the idea of “make doing good doable.”

While exploring the official website of WE.org I focused on their teacher resources that I felt a personal connection to. The registration was free and they offered a variety of information and helpful resources and had a video to talk you through the whole experience.

After registering for the WE Virtual Learning I decided to further explore WE Teachers: Trauma – Informed Practice because I know teaching goes beyond curriculum and should focus on healthy wellbeing as well. Todays students are faced with many obstacles such as bullying and stress due to Covid 19; I believe as a future educator I must prepare myself for my students. Each module is equipped with resources on various topics that can help an educator become that support system.

The module that I selected to further explore was Bullying & Cyber Bullying; this is subject that affects so many students and truly is a form of trauma. While it is amazing that students have so much technology at their disposable sadly there is also negative impacts that many students feel. The days of leaving bullying on the school yard has past and students are often impacted both inside and outside of school.

Bullying Module

The module including very important information and resources along with a guided video to help teachers understand and be empowered to help students in need. Throughout the course you gain a better understanding of the trauma associated with bullying for the victims and the antagonists.

Bullying module

The module helped me learn different types of bullying and laws associated with this trauma. It also taught how as educators we can take action against this horrible situation. The module also explored how to prevent such instances and gave helpful resources.

How to take action

After each module there is a review and below I have attached my results. I believe that using this resource I have gained a better understanding to help prevent and stop bullying in my future classroom.