Home » Uncategorized » Diwali Hyperdoc

Diwali Hyperdoc

This week when exploring hyperdocs- what they are and ones that people have used for their classroom- I searched through twitter to hopefully find resources from other teachers. A really fun and interesting hyperdoc that I found was the slide deck hyperdoc, Diwali Interactive Activities.

This google slide features a holiday celebrated by many different religions such as  HinduismSikhismNewar BuddhismJainism. Diwali is a 5 day festival of lights that falls on a different date each year according to the Hindu lunar calendar. This hyperdoc references different things about the holiday so that kids can learn about it. On the first page, there are books about Diwali that have links embedded into them so that children can read the stories. The slides also include information about what foods are eaten, what traditions are done, and what traditional clothing for this holiday looks like.

As a future teacher, I would love to use resources such as this hyperdoc in my classroom. I could potentially use this resource to teach my students about Diwali and then have them create a project such as a lantern to help celebrate and be more inclusive on our school.

Thank you for reading!

-Carly Thompson

@CThomp2021