Home » Uncategorized » Children of Sisters

Children of Sisters

This week we were asked to watch an entire episode of a show with English subtitles on. When I went on YouTube, a Turkish series stood out to me. It looked interesting and easy to follow along with. The series is called Children of Sisters. I uploaded the trailer below.

I watched the first episode on YouTube and was able to follow along well. It’s a show full of drama and thrill. One of the settings is in a small Turkish village. There are 55 houses in the village, an elementary school, and a medical center. This stood out for me because I assumed the village would be a small development with houses in it. Except this village had its own school and medical center. A similarity I saw between cultures was the relationships between people. There was a mother and daughter relationship. One of the scenes shows the mother and daughter bickering about something little. It reminded me of something my mom and I would bicker about. Another similarity would be some of the technology. One of the scenes shows a show playing on a laptop. Overall, I was surprised on how similar the show was to an American show. There was lots of similarities and a few big cultural differences.

Heres the link to episode one if you’d like to watch it. It was a really interesting show and I was really into it. I might even watch episode two!

1 Comment

1. I’ll have to give this show a watch! I enjoyed reading your description of the setting and characters and seeing the way you related to the characters. I definitely think there should be more shows depicting familial relationships rather than having such a strong emphasis on romance. Watching movies and shows from different countries is an excellent way to expand your knowledge and understanding of different cultures. Thanks for blogging about Children of Sisters 🙂