Home » Uncategorized » What is CSMCL?

What is CSMCL?

Dia! Diversity in Action – El día de los niños, El día de los libros | Dia!  Many Children, Many Cultures, Many Books

CSMCL is the Center for the Study of Multicultural Children’s Literature. This global curricula is used for K-8 classroom resources to help find acknowledged children’s and young adult books that focus around culture.

“Our mission is to preserve the richness of the many cultures in the field of children’s and young adult literature. Further, our mission is to provide children, teachers, parents, educators, students, and librarians access to multicultural children’s books with high literary and artistic standards. The primary objectives include: a) to foster an interest in multicultural children’s literature for young people; b) to promote awareness of the Center for the Study of Multicultural Children’s Literature (CSMCL); and c) to generate excitement in the study of multicultural literature.”

-(CSMCL.org).

Home | csmcl

How will I use CSMCL in my classroom?

After using this tool and looking around their website, I found it really interesting and a great resource for me as an art teacher because I can use the art style or even find books about art to use in my class. I found a book through this research database called “Maybe Something Beautiful” which is a story about art transformed a neighborhood. I think that this would be something to integrate into my lessons to teach kids about how they can use art in their community.

Thank you guys for reading!!

-Carly Thompson