Home » Uncategorized » International Children’s Digital Library

International Children’s Digital Library

International Children’s Digital Library, provides free books for children that focus on a global community and exhibit tolerance and respect for diverse cultures, languages, and ideas. Diversity is so important in the classroom setting. I believe that all students should learn about different cultures, languages, and ideas. With this global educators tool, students can do that by using free digital books. This tool provides students with a different way to learn about diverse cultures. The site is easy for students to use. The student will click on the book list. That link will take them to a huge list full of culturally diverse books. Then the student can click on a book that is to their desire. The link will take them to a description of the book and they can start reading.

This tool in my classroom.

I would definitely use this tool in my classroom. Like I said before diversity is so important in the classroom setting. Students should learn about diverse cultures, languages, and ideas. Diversity in the classroom should be encouraged because it brings so much into the learning experience. In my classroom, I would have my students pick a book from the book list. They can pick whatever book they want. Then I would have my students write about what they read. They then would share that information with their peers. They could share about all the different cultures they read about. This would promote diversity in my classroom.

Check out the website for more information on this tool!