Home » Uncategorized » Educational Technology Blog Post 2

Educational Technology Blog Post 2

The twenty-first century has multiple benefits in regards to technology, especially in our everyday use along with almost every profession. In the world of education, on the other hand, the uses for technology are endless, I say this because you no longer need to sit at a printer station in a break room while trying to do lesson plans and staple packets of papers for your students, now we upload one document to a cloud attach that PDF or JPG that is needed to be given out to all of your classes for your day in less than 5 minutes. That information can be sent out within seconds. With the use of technology, we have programs now to help engage students in newer more effective ways to fully get a full circle collaboration in the classroom like programs such as Quizlet live, Kahoot.it, or Quizizz. The collaboration with technology impacts every different situation of teaching, whether in-person instruction but also full virtual as we discovered during the last year and a half pandemic. Statistics show this based on the article “Enhancing education with collaboration technology” by Kendra Gallegos, which states “85 percent of instructors interviewed by Campus Technology say tech has a positive effect on teaching.” This statement reinforces the fact that tech really has impacted the classroom greatly. Collaborating technology in the educational field helps broaden the impact to the students bringing new visuals and information to truly be effective to the students. In the aspect of extra help or longer teaching sessions that can be aided with face-to-face video call software. In my opinion, collaborating technology is a very impactful and successful route for teaching applications and will further brighten our horizons for students now and for the future. As per my own situations with technology I myself being a student have reaped the benefits of technology collaboration in my own education through the pandemic, I was able to access information in the comfort of my own home, video chat with peers to work on group projects or hold study sessions to prepare for upcoming tests.  The technology collaboration truly drove my success, made my learning more personalized, and engaged me in ways I never thought I could.