Blog Post 12
What is Google Expeditions?
- Google Expeditions is a google app that allows teachers and students to explore the world through many different tours. This app allows you to swim with the sharks, visit outer space, and more eventful things without even having to leave the classroom!
All about VR tours
- In the VR tours teachers and students use mobile devices VR viewers to explore an art gallery or museum, as well as swim underwater or navigate the outer space without even having to step foot out of the classroom! Below you will find a video of a VR tour!
All about AR tours
- With AR tours teachers use mobile devices to bring objects into their classroom, so students, who are using mobile devices are able to walk around and see 3D objects that aren’t physically in the room! Below you will find a video of an AR tour!
- Teachers and students are able to use the app “Tour Creator” to create virtual-reality tours and publish them on “Poly.”
- Teachers are able to add tours they created in “Tour Creator to Expeditions” to guide students in their class.
Are you ready to get started?!
- It’s a quick and easy process! First you have to get the Expeditions Kit
- After that all you have to do is download and install the “Expeditions app!”