Digital Storytelling

There are many different outlets for Digital Storytelling. Using the internet you can find not only websites that allow you to produce Digital Storytelling but also apps you can find on your laptop, mobile devices, iPad, etc. For this particular assignment I chose to use Animoto which is a digital story site based solely on sharing pictures and photos. This site has many options including an “educational presentation” option. They give you recommended songs to use for your slideshow that other educators seem to commonly use. You can add pics, videos, logos and chose to display texts on whichever slides you want! When hearing “digital storytelling,: my very first thought was to use pictures. We have all heard the saying “a picture’s worth a thousand words.” I wanted to tell my story through pictures because I know as a viewer I would find that more interesting, and I wanted my audience to be as engaged in my presentation as possible. You can put money into Animoto and pay to have better quality videos without their websites logo streaming on it. I do, however, appreciate that is it available in a free form for us broke college students! Also, if younger children wanted to use this, they would most likely not have money either, so I like how you can use it for free and still produce a decent slideshow.

https://animoto.com/play/3wZ4413gO2mfXWl4mo0dWw

I decided to make my slideshow about the time I visited England with my brother and parents. Ever since I remember I have wanted to travel to London and see the magic that encompasses the beautiful city. I thought the story of me visiting another country would perfectly fit in to the “global” aspect of our course. It is important for individuals to explore more than what they are used to. I am excited to visit other countries in the future, and maybe will even continue to share that journey here on my blog.