Seeds for the Future

Earlier tonight, my RA Julie Eller hosted our final program. During it, we were each given a small flower pot, a plethora of paints, and paintbrushes; we were then given the freedom to paint them as we wished, followed by filling them with soil and a plant of our choice. The point of the program was to have it as a final program as a floor for the semester and to reflect on our favorite times during our freshman year. Many people shared stories from throughout the year and laughed at each other’s favorite memories.
My first year at Stockton has been full of amazing memories that I will always remember and take time to reflect on when I am older. I have met some of the most amazing people in classes and the honors residence hall that I am also proud to call my honors family. We have all laughed, cried, had fun together, studied for exams, gone out for birthday dinners, and have done many more fun things. Everyone in my residence hall has provided me with reassurance in my already existing notion that there is good in everyone as long as you look for it; in fact, they proved this to be true and more.
Next semester, I will be an honors resident assistant, along with current honors RA’s Julie and Anthony. I am thrilled, honored, and humbled to be joining the staff, especially in the honors community. I have enjoyed every moment I have been in the honors program so far, and cannot wait to mentor a floor of incoming honors girls and show them what family has meant to me during my time at Stockton. I am truly grateful for Julie and Anthony and the leadership and caring they have shown their residents through their friendly attitudes and fun programming throughout this year. I can only hope to follow their footsteps and provide my residents with such guidance.