Blog 15: D200 Plants Seeds for the Future

Tonight my RA had our final floor program for the year titled “Plant Seeds for the Future”. Most of the girls on my floor attended the program along with people who are here so often they might as well live on D200 with us. This program was a great way to reflect on our freshman year of college.

The activity that we did for the program was adorable. Every person received his or her own flowerpot. Everyone painted their flowerpots however they chose to do so. I painted my flowerpot pink with a blue rim. I put green polka dots within the blue, but it still needed one more thing. I decided to write “Stay Positive” in purple because those words are what got me through this year. When things are looking down I try to continue looking up. While it is sometimes a struggle, it is effective and everything always works out in the end. I also put a smiley face on the flowerpot as a finishing touch.

Once we were done painting, we put soil into the flowerpots and picked out the type of flowers that we wanted to plant. When we were planting our flowers everyone seemed to be confused about the proper way to plant. I was clueless, so I just stuck the seeds wherever and then watered them. After we watered our flowers, everyone’s flowerpots started to leak. That’s when we realized all of the flowerpots had small holes in the bottom. You would think a group of honors students would be able to figure out this problem to begin with.

Throughout the program people shared their best memories of their time on the floor. Everyone seems to have had a great time this year. While it is sad to see this year end, I am excited to see what the seeds of my future grow into.