Woodstockton

On Friday, April 17, Stockton’s Entertainment Team (SET) hosted the fifth annual “Woodstockton”, an event where a chosen band or performer, depending on who gets the most student votes, visits Stockton and performs a student concert in Big Blue Gymnasium. This year, Panic! At the Disco was chosen over many other famous performers, such as 21 Pilots and Jesse McCartney, to perform. Being I had never been to a concert before, I was really glad that a band I particularly like was chosen for my first concert. Two of my friends from back home are also huge fans of the band, so they came and visited Stockton for a night and saw the concert with me.
Panic! At the Disco were opened for by two bands. First, the student band, My Life in Film, winners of Battle of the Band a few weeks ago, performed a few songs, some of their own and some covers of well-known songs. Overall, they were clearly very talented and got the audience excited for the performance to come. The second opener, a guitarist and singer named Clark Kelly, performed a few songs by himself and engaged himself with the audience by speaking in between songs and getting the crowd even more excited. Finally, after the last set change, Panic! At the Disco made their appearance and began playing immediately, during which the audience all began singing along and dancing. Luckily, my friends and I decided to stay in the standing area so we could have just as much of a good time.
Panic! performed many of their well-known songs, as well as some I was less familiar with but others knew by heart. They also covered the song, “Bohemian Rhapsody,” which is a song that almost everyone seems to know. Overall, we spent the whole time dancing and enjoying the concert as a whole. The performers of Panic! most definitely really enjoy what they do, as one could tell watching them perform live. Considering it was my first concert, I can surely say it was great experience and I would love to go to another concert in the near future.