Blog 3: September 19th BINGO

Tonight I played BINGO at the campus center. I am a big fan of any campus activities that involve prizes, which is what drew me to BINGO night. When everyone came in, a swipe of a Stockton ID card got you three BINGO boards. (A few rounds into BINGO night, they decided to give us each a fourth board to work with.) I asked what the prizes were going to be and was told that there was $200 worth of WaWa gift cards waiting to be given away. After finding that out I was very excited to begin playing.

The way the prizes worked was that every time someone won a game of BINGO, they would be given a raffle ticket. Most games had more than one winner. When someone won on the full board BINGO games, they received two raffle tickets. I won one game of BINGO and received one raffle ticket.

Half way into BINGO night they did the first drawing. There were ten winners of $10 WaWa gift cards. I was one of those winners. While I wanted to be perfectly happy with winning one gift card, the girl at the table next to mine won three, so I was a little jealous. However, my car’s gas tank will be happy to get $10 worth of free gas put into it. As the night went on, I was not lucky enough to win any more games of BINGO. At the end of the night they did the second drawing for ten winners of the remaining $10 WaWa gift cards. Three out of the four people at my table went home with gift cards, which was pretty cool.

Overall I really enjoyed BINGO night. I occasionally went out to BINGO with my mom at home with the little old ladies in church basements. However, I had to pay to get in and I never won. It was great to play a free game of BINGO and leave with more money than I had when I arrived. I will definitely be attending future campus center BINGO nights.