Get Involved Fair

On September 17th I was able to take part in what was known as the “Get Involved Fair.” This event was put on the Office of Service Learning and The Office of Student Development to get more students involved in clubs and activities. The fair was mostly an all-day event where students like myself, could check out what clubs the school offered. I stopped in, by myself, on my way to class just to get a glimpse of what I might be interested in and like I had expected there were more than just a few that caught my attention.
Two clubs that really caught my attention and they were Gaming Club and Circle K. The first club is really just a club that I want to do for fun and basically just meet new people. I love to play video games so it would be really cool to hang out with people who like to do the same thing. However, Circle K really caught my attention while I was at one of the honors meetings. I don’t remember all of the details, but the events that the club members talked about blew my mind. At high school all of the volunteer work was minor and in most cases really didn’t do much. I could easily tell that this club could really help me make a difference in the community and would be fun at the same time. Also, everyone that I talked to at the tables dedicated to Circle K seemed friendly and happy to talk about anything that had to do with helping people.
Taking the time to go to this event was certainly important to me, because it helped me meet a great deal of people and feel more comfortable here at Stockton. Also, it opened my eyes to how much the school really offered even if I wasn’t interested in most of the clubs. The idea to get involved is so important at college because here, you have to make the most of every opportunity. I mainly chose clubs that I would want to be a part of and continually attending the meetings. Whether they were fun or not, I chose clubs that gave me purpose and made me happy and feel more involved at college. All in all, this event did just that and definitely got me involved.