Humans Versus Zombies: An Overview

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to be a part of the zombie apocalypse? Have you ever wondered what it would be like to be a zombie in this apocalypse? If you answered yes, I have two suggestions. One, you need to stop watching so many movies. Two, join my friends and I in participating in Stockton’s game of Humans versus Zombies.

This game, which occurs each semester and lasts for an entire week, begins with one zombie, the “original zombie” or OZ. This person wears a green headband and must try to tag other people who are playing. Everyone else starts out as a human and is allowed to carry a Nerf gun of their choosing. These people wear green armbands and must avoid being tagged by the OZ. if you are tagged, you become a zombie as well and now you must tag other humans. The game is ongoing and people must defend themselves between classes. As if this isn’t stressful enough, the humans must go out each night on missions to find “rations”, which are pieces of paper with a code on them which the human must enter online in order to “eat” and stay alive.

Throughout the week, the humans (whose numbers are constantly shrinking as more and more people are tagged and turned into zombies) must complete other missions, such as finding the pieces of a radio or assembling said radio, in order to be “saved” at the end of the week. Anyone who manages to stay human and attends all of the missions wins. There are generally less than ten winners per game. I firmly believe this is because of people like my friend Ky, who are super sneaky zombies who refuse to accept a truce. The only reason I didn’t survive this semester was because he tagged while I was going to a roller-skating event organized by the Pride Alliance. I still say I would have survived if not for him!