Stay Fit

I figured since this is a topic many college students care about I could write about it. The topic is staying in shape. Especially since I’m writing on the Stockton honors blog, we all know how time is a crucial factor in our lives. With tons of classes that amount to thousands of tons of homework, finding the time to keep ourselves in shape seems a little out of reach.
One positive is, if you live on campus there are 3 gyms within walking distance! If you find an extra half-hour that you would have spent playing words/hanging/scramble with friends, get to the gym instead. A little bit of activity each day can really make a difference. One trick I use is when I’m studying I will study for half an hour and then workout for five minutes. Whatever works for you, push-ups, sit-ups, squats, the exercise doesn’t have to be elaborate or even have to be done at a gym. Yes, you can work out in other places then the gym. Another smart idea is to join forces with a friend who also wants to stay in shape. Motivation and friendly competition are a smart way to stay focused. Now imagine if Honors kids could be the smartest and most fit kids on campus!
Another key factor in your health is sleep. Don’t waste time all day just to pull an all-nighter. Although pulling an all-nighter before some big tests is sometimes unavoidable, don’t make it a nightly ritual. Try to get 7-8 of sleep per night this also helps you stay in shape!