The Argo

I believe one of Stockton’s simplest yet greatest features is the Argo. If you don’t go to Stockton you might be wondering to yourself, what is an Argo? The Argo is none other than Stockton’s own newspaper. Every week or so, a new edition of the paper comes out. It is always filled with tons of useful information. On the inside cover, there is always a letter from the Stockton College Campus Police Chief. He always writes about something that applies to the well-being of the Stockton community. This is followed by a police blotter, which gives you statistics of the funny or not so funny things that may have occurred on campus. I myself got to be in the paper along with the Stockton Innovations team (Stockton Innovations is a new undergraduate research e-zine coming soon). The newspaper describes events that have happened recently or are on the horizon. One of my favorite sections is the Poor Man’s Palate where they showcase a local restaurant that satisfies your appetite without putting a hole in your wallet.
My favorite edition of the Argo was the April Fools edition. It was full of funny jokes and gags, for example the coffee from one of Stockton’s eateries was found to be brewed with dirt not coffee grinds. They have a funny sense of humor over at Argo headquarters. All in all the Argo is a great resource to see what’s up in the Stockton community and learn about different events. P.S. You can also get a job writing for the Argo. I have a friend who does it and he loves it. So if writing is your thing, check it out!