Blog Post #7 Reflection

GEN2108

What I am learning…

Technology is constantly growing and changing every day. Change is not something I am typically good with. Therefore the growing and changing world of technology is and will always be always been a challenge for me. A class that has to do with technology is probably one of the most stressful things for me. Then on top of it, the class is online so you have no choice but to use technology to take the class.

Now that we are halfway through the semester I am learning so much about technology and becoming a teacher who uses technology in the classroom.

First off Twitter

What is it?  “Twitter is an American online news and social networking service on which users post and interact with messages known as “tweets”. Tweets were originally restricted to 140 characters, but on November 7, 2017, this limit was doubled for all languages except Chinese, Japanese, and Korean.”

I used Twitter in the past but I deleted my twitter years ago because it was causing unnecessary issues. Twitter is not a tool I ever thought could be used in an educational way. Little did I know when I signed up for this class I would have learned so much from using twitter. My non-education major friends all unfollowed my twitter page due to my aggressive amount of education-related post in the past 2 months. I love using twitter now! Twitter is such a great way to connect with other educators and future educators and share ideas. It is also a great place to find good articles and learn about other teachers experiences and ideas in the classroom. Twitter chats are also a really useful part of Twitter sharing ideas, answering questions, and chatting with other teachers and future teachers is so inspiring.

Blogging is Actually Fun

What is it? “A blog is a discussion or informational website published on the World Wide Web consisting of discrete, often informal diary-style text entries. Posts are typically displayed in reverse chronological order, so that the most recent post appears first, at the top of the web page.”

Writing blogs every week is one of the best ways to express yourself and your ideas. Before GEN2108 I was not familiar with blogging or even what a blog is. Now I look forward to blogging every week and responding to other students blogs. Blogging is a great way to have students reflect on a topic in their own personal way. Having a classroom blog when I am a teacher is something I will definitely do. A classroom blog will allow me as the teacher to post work from the students and share our day to day activities.

Flip Grid

What is it? ” FlipGrid is a social learning platform that allows educators to ask a question, then the students respond in a video. Students are then able to respond to one another, creating a “web” of discussion.

I never used Flipgird or even heard of it before GEN2108. Flipgird at first was intimidating because I hate making videos of myself and listening to my own voice is the most intimidating thing ever. Now, I love Flipgrid. I think Flipgrid is so much fun. My favorite part of Flipgrid is that you respond to your classmates with another video rather than just typing something. It is a lot more meaningful to respond to someone verbally rather than over messages. Flipgrid is a tool I will definitely be using in my own classroom one day!

Here is a video on how to use FlipGrid in the classroom!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch1BkotiseM

Share your thoughts and experiences on Twitter, Blogging, and Flipgrid with me!

P.S. Downloading Grammarly was my professors best recommendation, it is the best tool for any student.