Get Involved Fair

On this rainy, dreary Tuesday, I was able to attend the fall Get Involved Fair. Being the unaware, naive freshmen that I am, my eyes were opened to all the possibilities here at Stockton University. Walking around the fair, touring all the clubs, organizations, and volunteer opportunities that Stockton has to offer was very heartwarming to me. It really is true that if you can dream up a club, you can make it a reality.

There was buzz around each table I passed by. Students were engaged in conversation with the leaders of organizations, acquiring information about all the amenities from said club. The C-D atrium was definitely the fullest with students, given that this area had the majority of on-campus clubs who also may participate in service activities. I particularly liked the setups and giveaways that some tables offered: everything from popcorn and snacks to wheels to spin to win free prizes. Nonetheless, my favorite table that I stopped at was the Stockton Christian Fellowship table. I was very much looking forward to meeting the students who are involved in and run this club so that I could also become a part of it.

As I was looking around, I realized just how apparent “club creating” is. From the Garden Club to the Chemical Society, anything is possible if a student has the right group of people and a plan of action. Getting the word out is the next step to making the club a productive, well-liked group that students want to attend. Having a core set of people who will run events and appreciate the topic the club discusses would also be valuable to the success and longevity of its legacy.

From all the information I gathered today, I am very excited to begin my journey as an involved Stockton student. That will be fairly easy given the vast opportunities and new clubs I saw that are offered. After today, I have decided to join the Stockton Christian Fellowship, Roteract Club, and the Spanish Club, and possibly a few more down the line. The Get Involved Fair was well worth my time, even if it was a bit overwhelming having to step outside my comfort zone to find out about the clubs.