Day of Leadership

Although I was simply the secretary of a small-time club, I was still eager to attend this event to learn how I could improve my leadership skills. On Saturday, April 18 at 8:00 a.m. in the Campus Center Event Room, I attended the Day of Leadership. Upon walking into the room, I was able to view leaders of all types of experience from club leaders to resident’s assistants to even a couple professors. The morning started off with a guest speaker who introduced the idea of being innovative with even the smallest of tasks and speaking up. The concept of leading can come from the most minuscule of tasks and he was able to inspire many individuals, including myself, with the talks he delivered. After lunch, the group separated into different meeting rooms where several speakers delivered their own presentations regarding their own subjects. The one I attended discussed creating his own pin as small project and handing it out to others to share quotes from his book. These motivational phrases were soon spread through the world of celebrities earning him the just fame which he deserved. This was very fascinating to see how many people commended his efforts and how a mini project could grow so large. Afterwards, Stockton faculty and students presented their own “TED Talks” and then the day was to an end.

From this session, I learned the importance of trying new projects and speaking up. I would recommend this to anyone who desires to be a better leader and individual in their community.