Run Run Rudolph 5k

Kate Volpe nearly singlehandedly put together one of the best organized and most underrated 5ks I have ever taken part in. This, coming from a cross country runner, means that out of over a hundred organized 5ks, Run Run Rudolph lies in my top five. Allow me to explain.
Teachers assign groups to tackle case studies, which mainly involve sitting on a couch and delving into the depths of the reliable sites on the internet to find out things about a patient you’ll never actually come into contact with. This, theoretically, can be tackled by one singular person. Sure, it would take copious amounts of time, but it is not impossible for an individual to do. Organizing a 5k takes a multitude of people. Kate Volpe not only set up a course, but she also called news stations, reached out to runners, publicized the run, and recruited volunteers nearly all on her own.
We volunteers woke up earlier than ever before, and we enthusiastically blasted Christmas music while decorating the TRLC. We took every opportunity to hang lights in various places and wear Christmas hats or reindeer antlers. If the weather had been a tad colder, I definitely would have sported my Grinch onesie. The runners were hyped up and excited not only to run but also to experience some of the holiday festivities before Thanksgiving even happened.
Kate Volpe engineered a well thought out, impressive honors event that should have received much more recognition than it did. I fully endorse the Christmas 5k for the 2017 school year!