Get Involved Fair

On September 17th, The Office of Student Development and The Office of Service Learning were sponsoring a “Get Involved Fair.” The Fair took place that day and the day before, and I went with a couple of my friends. I stopped by as many tables as I could so I can get a better idea of what Stockton had to offer. It was just like freshman year of high school all over again; I wanted to join just about every single organization and club that I saw.
Some clubs that really stood out to me were The Stockton Quidditch Club, and Gaming Club, and most importantly, The Water Watch Club. The first couple of ones I named were some things that I would like to do for fun, but Water Watch really caught my attention. I remember that name being mentions during one of the Honors meetings, and I knew I wanted to be a part of it. Ever since I was in middle school, I have always wanted to get more involved in saving our environment and doing everything I can to help. The people at the table made me feel welcome, and I am looking forward to attending their interest meeting.
Going to this event helped me meet people who have the same interests as me, and I was able to find out more about the college. I found out that some of things I was embarrassed to love were actually embraced in this school, and now I feel more at home than I ever did before. The overall idea of this event is to “get involved,” as is apparent in its name, but I felt more than involved: I felt at home with the campus. Of course I picked some clubs that would be appropriate for my major and concentration, such as the Physical Therapy Club, but mainly, I chose to check out clubs that I would continuously look forward to attending and meeting new people. This event is extremely important, especially to incoming freshmen, because it helps us to get more engaged. It helps us to feel like we belong at Stockton, and I would say this event was pretty successful in doing just that.