Day of Service Blog By Scott Ribinsky

During my first few weeks at Stockton I signed up for the Day of Service so I could be active in the community. When I went into the Campus Center in the morning it was full of people who were all there to make a difference in a community. After breakfast my friends and I all went into the event room to choose where we wanted to go. I went to the PAL table and was told that we would be painting and I was sold. I started the day by scraping off the old paint with scrapers and brushes. When I finished I started painting the outlines by the trim with the brushes. I did that for the rest of the morning, then after lunch, we all went together and reflected on why we were doing this service.
After lunch I continued painting the trim and around the windows with the small brushes until we were finished. On the way back to Stockton I reflected on the difference I made during the time I spent helping the PAL. The police officer who showed us around and told us what needed to be done was ecstatic about the work done. It felt good to know that you had a positive impact on him. I am looking forward to the next day of service to provide more service to others and have the same positive impact on someone.