Honors Scavenger Hunt

The Honors scavenger hunt was the second big event for this semester in the honors program. First I arrived ready with a group to go off and find the things assigned to us. Unfortunately my group was too big and so I opted to join a new group. This new group turned out to be a blast to work with! We first ran around the campus center searching for Argo stands, the offices, and then it was off to the main campus building. We had to get creative when it came to the schools. We had to find all of the schools on campus so instead of running through the main campus building going up and down the stairs, I decided to go out to the flags and take a picture of each flag with the school’s name on it. One adventure we had while running around was trying to go out to the entrances and take pictures with the signs. We hopped in the car, sped away and pulled over as close to the sign as we could get. We bolted out of the car ran over to the sign took the picture and ran back into the car. It was like we were robbers afraid of getting caught by the police running for the get-away car. We drove all around campus searching for everything from a police officer to the laundry rooms, to the plum and the rose (which I still cannot find). We only had an hour to try and get as many things pictured as we could and to get back to Dunkin Donuts so they could tally the scores. When we finally made it back the scores were tallied and we ended up in third place. We still got a nice candy prize while first place got a giftcard to the bookstore. Although we did not win, it was a lot of fun to go running around campus trying to get points. Hey, at least I got my exercise for the day! I hope that next year we can do this event again (and I think we will since I am the co-director of events).