Indoor FH Tournament in Big Blue

I am a member of Stockton’s field hockey team. Being that I am a part of the team, I was required to run an indoor tournament that was held in Big Blue on Sunday February 24th. The tournament was all day long and we were in charge of setting up, running the tournament, and cleaning up. The tournament was broken down into two sessions, the morning and the afternoon. The team was then split into each session so that no one had to be there for the duration of the day, unless they wanted to. Some of us were “ball girls”, timers, score keepers, DJ’s, and some ran the snack stand.

What was unanimous amongst all of us players was that we all wanted to put our sneakers on, grab our stick and get on that court. Because we were in charge of running the tournament, we were watching our season opponents play and were dying to get in the game. Considering our season ended in the end of October and most of us haven’t played since, we were itching to get our hands on a stick again. Unfortunately, we were unable to. Maybe next year, we can play in the session that we are not running! For example, if I worked the morning session, I would play in the afternoon, or vice versa. I guess we will wait and see!