Quizzo Night

It was only yesterday that I participated in quizzo night. As I entered F-111 I was immediately pelted with candy. I can’t think  of a better way to start any event. From there we formed several teams as we waited on the last few people. The team I was a part of was, the cookie tribunal. In all there were five teams formed by the time the questions started.

The category of the first round was pop culture. Our team consisted of an engineer, a mathematics major, and a business major. We looked to each other knowing, we were probably going to lose. “In what month did the royal wedding take place?” None of us could think of the answer until one of us mentioned that the wedding took place a few days before the death of Osama Bin Laden. Knowing the day of his death was the beginning of May we were able to deduce that the royal wedding was most likely in April. This was how we were able to get through the round in third place.

As the rounds went on we, the cookie tribunal, were able to push our way to second place. The categories included American history, numbers, and sports. Then came the fifth round, famous movie quotes. We began that round in second place, and we ended in fourth place afterwards. Out of fifteen questions we got seven correct. Out of fifteen questions we answered five Forrest Gump and one I don’t know. As our luck would have it the “I don’t know” answer was the only one on the page from Forrest Gump. After kicking ourselves for not realizing that earlier we proceeded to the last round.

The category for the last round was music. The round did not go so bad we were able to grab third place with a tie. We didn’t come in with the intent to win so none of us were disappointed. The night ended with a few goodbyes and candy grabbing. It was not an especially memorable night, but it is one of the first of many Stockton Experiences.