Welcome Week Volleyball

Welcome Week Volleyball Tournament
The first event that I ever encountered at Stockton as a student was the “Welcome Week” volleyball tournament. I figured there was no better way to make friends than to bump, set, and spike as a team. I was slightly nervous attending an event where I would not know anyone, but within minutes of arriving the counselors made me feel like family.
I didn’t have a pre-registered team, but I met five freshmen that were in the same boat as I. A perfect six! We decided to call our team “ Team Zebras ”, based on the fact a few of us were wearing zebra printed clothing. Before the events began, we met a new group of friends who invited us to practice with them. We practiced right up until the first game started. As “Team Zebras” we lost both of our games, but we enjoyed ourselves in the process. After all winning isn’t everything!
During the tournament, there was a huge, delicious barbeque filled with great food and snacks. One item that raised a few questions was the vegetable hotdogs. They looked like raw hotdogs, but someone explained that the chefs went out of their way and prepared a meal for the vegetarians. I thought that was very thoughtful of the chefs to do that. My favorite item was the macadamia nut cookies. I couldn’t stop myself from getting another of a newfound love on campus.
Overall, attending the “Welcome Week” volleyball tournament was an awesome way to meet new friends, eat a large portion of great food, and get acquainted with Stockton.