My Day with my Freshman!

First of all, I would like to give a shout out to Momina for planning this, it really was great. Next, I have to say Stephanie Reda is going to be the best freshman ever! I absolutely loved her. We had a really busy day ahead of us and she was up for it and very easy going which made everything infinitely easier.
We started off by going to the biology 1 lab that I TA for, and she helped me with my job which is always nice. I told her about what it’s like to be a TA and how she could apply. She also got a taste of the bio 1 lab which was great since she’ll be taking it next semester. She was very good at the microscope.
Next, we had 20 minutes to get food. So we ran to the campus center, got food and even had 1 whole dining bucks left over. Then we ran into the other incoming freshman who were sitting at a large table with all their mentors eating. I kind of felt bad that she didn’t get to sit with them, but we had to be on our way to the tutoring center cause I had to work from 11:30-12:30. Again, being the best freshman that she is, she was ok with it and came to the tutoring center. Met some great people and got a taste of what the tutoring center is like: a bunch of easy going, fun nerds. We had a chance to talk about the program that she was interested in and what she was doing in high school and how AP exams were right around the corner and that she should kick butt on those.
Next, the poor girl had to come to physics II with me. I told her before hand that she should take physics for life sciences, then right before physics II started I said “remember when I told u to take the life sciences one? Well, now im going to prove to you why.” Physics was hard, as always. Then, I had permission to take her to the chem II lab. She helped me with my experiment, which was great again cause she got a taste of what chem II would be like as well. Then we took a walk around Lake Fred, realized that we are basically the same person and went to meet her parents around 5:30 (honestly, I didn’t want to let her go home). I had actually met her parents in the morning. They were waiting outside meeting room 5 to make sure she was ok. That is exactly what my parents would have done so I totally related to her on that level, and I also knew that my parents would have wanted the mentor I had to talk to them and tell them whats going on, so I did. Then we laughed about how similar our parents are. Anyway, I just love my freshman and I cant wait till she gets here next semester. 