Letters to the Nursing Home

It’s been a few months since I started this project, but I’m going to write about it anyway. If you guys remember, I asked you to write letters or make cards for valentines day for a nursing home that I have been volunteering at for years. Well, the project was a success. I didn’t expect the overwhelming response from the high schools around the area, from the clubs that I had been a part of and from Stockton itself and I would like to thank everyone for that. The residents loved it.
I have been delivering the letters, and it’s a slow process because I have to sit there and read the letters myself, then since I’m a talkative person, we kind of just have to get into a conversation. That is just an unavoidable thing. Then we end up talking for like 20 minutes and 3 letters later I’ve already spent an hour at the nursing home. The people who work there are helpful as well and my best friend came in one day and helped me out.
The residents respond differently. Some know what is going on and appreciate it. Some are confused but at least they are entertained for a few minutes by someone who is reading something to them and they are probably thinking “who is this girl?” Others have been meaning to write back. It’s hard trying to keep it all organized, while balancing my school work but I’d say I’m doing an ok job.
In the future, I managed to ask Stockata, and Stockapella to come and perform at the nursing home and it seems as though they are interested. Though I don’t have a final answer from them yet, I’m very hopeful and I’m pretty sure they’ll be visiting the nursing home at the end of this month. I can’t wait. Maybe next semester, I can organize a talent show. The thing is, the residents are all alone and bored because most of the time they don’t have anything to do so any kind of entertainment or visit is appreciated.
Thank you guyssssss for all of your support and love.