S.E.T. Hosts Bingo!

On December 5, 2011 I went and played a bingo game that was sponsored by the Stockton Entertainment Team.  I was invited out by my fellow honors friend and I really had a blast. I did not know that the Stockton Entertainment Team hosted a bingo night and I wish I would have known this before the end of the semester. There was an ice cream bar for us as well thank you to S.E.T.’s generosity.  There was chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry flavors with a few different topping choices available. We played various strategies in order to attain a “BINGO” shout. We played all four corners, five in a row, pig in a basket, the outside border, and an L-shape. Stockton does a splendid job offering activities to keep the students actively engaged on campus during the evenings. I am not normally a bingo goer but I wanted some kind of stress relief during the week of finals. My other friend won a pair of tickets to the movie theater and I also did not know that these raffles occurred during the bingo game. I had the misconception that only elderly adults played bingo, but it stimulated my mind much more than I expected. We were allowed to use four bingo board games at a time and that is much more stimulating to one’s brain than I would expect. The woman who called the different spaces moved at a very energetic pace. Now I understand why people encourage the elderly to play this game because it really does stimulate the mind subconsciously.  Overall my night was very nice and I enjoyed my time; I hope to be more involved and aware with the different activities that various clubs hold on campus.