Dracula

I saw Dracula on October 27th at seven in the Performing Arts Center. It was performed by the Atlantic City Ballet Theatre, a company I danced with during highschool. Dance has always been some part of my life, ever since I was a little girl; When I was younger, I would come to Stockton around Christmas time to see The Nutcracker and that was always a great memory for me. Dracula was no exception. When I heard about the show I was so excited to see it. I was required to go for my ballet class but I would have gone even if that was not the case. To be completely honest, I did not know the plot of Dracula whatsoever. I have always sort of known what it was about, although watching the ballet was challenging because there was nothing to explain what was going on. During intermission I read the summary in the playbill so I could catch up. Dracula had amazing choreography although very creepy music, lighting, and costumes. Red lights filled the stage and the music was eerie, to say the least. People became possessed at many points in the ballet and how the dances changed due to their feelings was interesting. It was a great experience and I encourage everyone, even if it might not be your thing, to go see a ballet!

-Victoria Starner