Categories
Uncategorized

Let’s talk about case studies.

In the field of education, there are a couple of terms for case studies. We can use them to study our students in specific areas; suck as if they need more support, have a disability, or be put into another class or grade level. In case study teaching it involves using real world situation as a basis for learning. This relies on students to explore the topic and and using critical thinking to solve it, rather can asking the teacher to do that.

In our textbook, The Global Educator gives us examples of global collaboration case studies. It shows us examples of projects that other teachers have used in their classrooms to stay connected with people worldwide. It also allows students to stay connected with people and collaborate on projects and case studies together. While reading about these case studies in my textbooks, I have found two that would really help our students and the world.

The first case study I have found was Pernille Ripp: Global Read Aloud. Pernille Ripp is the GRA creator. It is a global reading project that connected more than 500,000 students on six continents since it started in September of 2010. This is a great way for students and teachers to stay connected. Teachers can share read-aloud books they have used in the classroom with other teachers worldwide. They can also send what assignments they are doing around the books. By doing this, teachers can make connections and add more supplies and techniques into their educator tool kit.

Another case study that I found helpful was Peggy George and Wesley Fryer: The K12 online conference. I thought this was helpful for global collaboration because teachers worldwide can work together on one platform to give their ideas and tell other educators what works best in their classroom. This is a free online annual event run by volunteer educators. By teachers joining these free online conferences, they can learn a lot about the new teaching methods and how other teachers are working with their students. There is also a section about global eductors and help teaches stay connected and work together. Going to this conference is also a good way to make sure our students stay connected with other students worldwide. We can get ideas for assignments to have our students working in their classroom, but partners with someone around the world.

Leave a comment below and let me know if you read the textbook The Global Educator and looked into the case studies they have talked about. Also let me know if you have any of ideas of case studies that I would enjoy using in my classroom and what worked best for you!