Third Debate Viewing Party

My second event at Stockton University was the viewing party for the third presidential debate between Republican Donald Trump and Democrat Hillary Clinton. I attended the first one and missed the second. The event was run pretty much exactly like the first, and I assume second, party was ran. Refreshments were provided, debate bingo was played (and I won!), and, of course, the debate was projected onto the big screen. A much needed improvement of the first party was that the audio was much better. It was quite hard to hear at the first viewing party, and everyone in attendance needed to keep extremely quiet if the audience wanted to hear what the candidates were saying. These parties really excited me because of the environment they provided. Watching the debates were mandatory for class, so being able to join a big group with fellow students was really awesome.

Overall, I enjoyed the third viewing party even more than the first! It was really exciting to watch. I had never been in to politics before, as I really felt it was futile to keep up with them, because it can be daunting, and because before this year I did not have a vote, so I really didn’t see the point. I’m so glad I got interested this year though, and I credit Stockton University for really moving me to actively engage in this election. I was so interested with the process, the candidates, the ups and downs, and just everything about the election process in this nation. So much so, in fact, that I have decided to declare a minor in political science. It was really a blast to be a part of this event. The majority of the crowd was seemingly very liberal, which I expected. Clinton’s victories earned her rapturous cheers, while Trump’s blunders garnered him laughs and jeers. Being liberal myself, I fit right into this environment, but I would’ve rather had a more even split of views, as I think diverse schools of thought and civil discourse are the only way to get anywhere in politics.