Pumpkin Picking

I went to Rise Above’s annual pumpkin picking gathering at R&J Farms on October 25th. Rise Above is a club here at Stockton that does different service activities, and they even helped at Lolla-No-Booza, among other things. This event was a one-time event for the year, and was super fun because I had not done anything with this club before. I play for the tennis team at Stockton and had finally finished the season around October 15th so I figured it was finally time to start going to some clubs, especially since I was less busy. Plus, it was a great way to meet some new friends.

This event started off well because not only did we do some pumpkin picking, but we went into a corn maze as well. As we went into the corn maze we had to go around finding seventeen different hints throughout the maze that would help us solve the crossword puzzle that the farm gave us. It took about an hour or so to finally muster up all the clues, and it helped us win a small prize at the end for finding all of them. After that, we got in line to go on the hayride that would then take us to our nice, round, and orange friends. Once we got to the pumpkin patch it took about 15 minutes or so to find the perfect pumpkin, and some of us even took two because of how cute they were. I still even have my pumpkin, and it is amazing how long it has lasted even a month later. Overall, this event was a blast and I’d highly recommend anyone going for next year if they are looking to have a great time with new friends.