Stockton’s Sixties Concert

Stockton’s Sixties Concert is an event thrown by The Sixties class. John O’Hara teaches this class and was in charge of running this event. It took place in the Campus Center Theatre on Wednesday November 11th. The concert started at 6:30pm and ended at 9:30pm. The purpose of the concert was to take the audience back through time to an era where people charged for peace not war. I not only attended this concert for my personal enjoyment, but because I was performing in it with Stockton’s American Sign Language club.

The night started off strong with Barry Bender & The Peace and Love Museum. The music was sensational and the audience was wild. As the night went on special acts performed on stage. Singers from Stockton’s choral groups performed to guitarists and they were out of this world. Students from The Sixties class then performed an original dance to a mash of hits from the sixties and it was phenomenal. The night ended strong with numerous songs played by The Stockton Faculty Band. The band was surprisingly really good and it was enjoyable.

I along with fifteen members of Stockton’s American Sign Language Club were patiently waiting, in our front row seats, for the Stockton Faculty Band to play “My Girl.” We had been practicing how to sign “My Girl” for weeks and we were both excited and nervous to finally be performing it. Amy the announcer, a student in The Sixties class, introduced our club and we proceeded to the stage. The lights blocked most of the audience, but my heart was still racing. I knew the signs and I had practiced a hundred times, but being on stage was somehow different. The music started and the rest is pretty much a blur. I left the stage feeling accomplished and when I could finally see the faces of others all I saw were smiles which made me feel successful. Overall the night was incredible and I really hope they hold another concert next year!