Lolla No Booza

Lolla No Booza was another event run by the Stockton Entertainment Team that was a blast. At this event there were educational games, prizes, and lots of fun. The event was around Halloween and everyone was encouraged to dress up for the event. My roommate and I went as Minnie and Mickey, which there were a lot of but some people got really creative with theirs. One costume was a social butterfly in which she dressed up as a butterfly and taped the logos of many different forms of social media onto her costume.

The activities at Lolla No Booza were almost all educational. Most of the games made you answer questions about alcohol and the effects it has on the brain and body. Another game involved the players to wear goggles that made it feel like you were drunk and throw a ball to try to hit the target to give players the sense of what it feels like to be drunk. Playing this game was a lot harder than most people expected because you thought you were throwing the ball straight at the target but you turned out to be very far off from the target.

Some of the activities were just for fun though. For example there was a stand for face painting and temporary tattoos. There were also two people making balloon animals for a little while too. There was also a photobooth with lots of props to use for the pictures. Another thing that was there was a spot to make music videos with a green screen behind you. I did not get a chance to do this because the line was very long so I chose to participate in the other activities instead. The best thing in my opinion that was there was a mechanical bull. The group of friends that I was with decided we were going to have a competition of who could last the longest on the bull. In case you were wondering I came in third out of five of us… (It was a lot harder than I expected).

Of course since it was a SET run event, there were prizes. For each game you won, you received a ticket and that ticket was placed in a wheel like the ones used in a bingo game and a certain amount of tickets were drawn from it. Each time names were drawn, they were posted on the projectors and then those people got to go over to the table and pick a prize. At the end of the night, more names were drawn for grand prizes. One of the grand prizes was a trip to Cancun.

As you can see, this was probably one of the best events SET has run thus far. Lolla No Booza makes me excited to attend more SET events throughout my career at Stockton.