Meet the Greeks

Last week was the Meet the Greeks event. The event included many Greek organizations and their tables to advertise themselves. A majority of the Greeks were all dressed very professionally and were lobbying their organization to the new underclass men. Before I attended the event I had a personal checklist of fraternities I was already looking into. This event allowed me to meet all the brothers from each fraternity and gain an understanding of everyone’s lifestyle.

The Meet the Greeks event was helpful with kick starting the year on a social level. Almost all the Fraternities had flyers including information about events with the brothers all week long. Some of these events include Wing Wednesday’s, Spike Out Cancer and Board Game Night. This was not only a great way to meet upperclassmen involved in Greek life, but also a great way to find other students who are trying to become more involved in Greek Life. Without this helpful event I would have had a completely different schedule and I wouldn’t have met any members. This event helped get me more social and involved in extracurricular activities.

Although entering the stage of Greek life is not allowed until second semester, I was still interested and wanted to look at some prospects. Some specific statistics I wanted to see were simple such as grade point average and completed community service hours. The most important thing to me, however, is networking. Being able to meet and become close with other successful members of a fraternity can be a huge advantage after college. Finding out the networking behind an organization can be difficult, but with the knowledge of grade point average and service hours, I was able to make predictions about networking.Overall, Meet the Greeks was a helpful event that should be hosted every year for people like me.