Get Involved Stockton!

Stockton had its annual Get Involved Fair September 16th and 17th in the main building. There were tables everywhere with welcoming faces. At first, it was a little overwhelming, but once I saw the warm smile on some faces, I was less anxious. I first went to the Pride Alliance table, I promised my friend I would join for support. The girl behind the table, Caltoum, was the most welcoming of the entire day. She was happy to see us signing up to join the group she devoted a lot of her time to. Also, Cal was the only person to ask for our names and be personable. It was a sign that the group would be very welcoming to all.

I was slightly disappointed more groups were not enthusiastic or trying to get people to sign up for their club. Many were socializing with their friends rather than trying to interest the individuals walking by their table. However, I am sure it is boring to sit in a plastic chair for hours waiting for signatures and emails. I signed up for the SET, and I am excited to see what they are going to plan for the upcoming semester. SET had a lot of free things to offer and it was enticing. The free items helped get my attention at the fair, so I think more clubs should have offered them. The fair was well organized, and many of the individuals at the tables were nice and grateful for me signing up.

I signed up for a fair amount of clubs, and I will have a pretty busy schedule this coming semester. I cannot wait to be active in all the clubs I joined, especially Pride Alliance. I am excited to support my friends and see what the club has planned to do this semester!