Campus Center Movie Night

On Saturday, September 12, I went to the Campus Center Movie Night in the Campus Center Theatre. The event was hosted by Event Services and Campus Center Operations. Every week, there is a different movie being played. And in any given week, the movie is shown twice: once on Thursday night and once on Saturday night. The movies start at nine and run until around 11 O’clock. The movie playing the week that I went was San Andreas, starring Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson. The movie itself was good, but that was only a small factor in what really made my night.

After sitting down in my seat, I could not tell whether I was still at school or if I was at a genuine movie theatre. The Campus Center Theatre provides an extremely realistic setting for the Movie Night event. Before the film started, there were movie previews playing, just like at a real movie theater. Then, the lights dimmed and the movie began. As I munched on my free snack and sipped on my free drink, I was easily able to get hooked on the movie. After the movie ended, there was a raffle for various prizes. I am sure that the three winners that night went home with big smiles on their faces. As for myself, I couldn’t complain with a free movie, free refreshments, and prize raffles on a Saturday night.

Event Services and Campus Center Operations did a fantastic job of creating an authentic cinema experience for the community of Stockton University. Every detail was considered when putting together event. I will definitely be attending more Campus Center Movie Nights in the near future.