Blog #2 Women’s Soccer Game

The smell of the freshly cut grass, the sound of the rain hitting the umbrella, and the passionate crowd yelling and cheering. On a rainy September 10th I, dressed in my best Stockton gear, headed to the soccer field to attend a Stockton University women’s soccer game against the Eagles of St. Joseph’s College Long Island. As I sat down on the wet bleachers waiting for the game to start, I was filled with excitement and anticipation. With the blow of the referee’s whistle the game began. The game was so exciting because I never knew if the Ospreys would score or if the Eagles would score, which kept me on the edge of my seat! After only nine minutes of scoreless play, the Ospreys scored! I remember the team celebrating the goal and cheering them on. I was ecstatic! After the goal they resumed play. After only nine more minutes they scored another goal! Again the team celebrated and everyone in the crowd cheered. They continued to play until the buzzer went off to signal halftime. As I sat there waiting for the second half to start, I talked to my friends about how the game was going so far and what I thought might happen in the second half. After the 15 minutes of halftime ended, the second half began. Although no goals were scored in the second half, it was still very exciting. Some shots were taken that were either saved by the goalie or just missed the goal. The best part was that Stockton won 2-0! Overall the game was a fun experience, and I am looking forward to attending many more. Go Ospreys!