Career Fair

On February 26, the Career Center held a Career Fair in the Campus Center Event Room for students to meet and interact with representatives of many businesses and places of work. I was suggested to go by my Introduction to Hospitality and Tourism Management professor to attend, regardless of our majors, to see some options we had in the area for jobs or internships in the future. Business professional attire was strongly encouraged due to the possibility of meeting a future employer. Upon entering the fair we were given a catalogue containing the table numbers of each business, along with a description of each, along with the degrees the employers looked for in students. Being undeclared and unsure of what I wanted to do, this kind of limited my opportunities, but I decided to look at each table regardless.
The businesses, depending on the type and/or place of work, offered opportunities for temporary/part-time jobs, full-time jobs for after graduation, and summer internships. I thought that the range of options was very beneficial for students of any year, especially because I am a freshman. However, I think that more freshmen, regardless of their major, should start looking into potential career opportunities. The career fair was a great way to do so, because I talked to many professionals from different fields who gave me ideas as to what I would like to do in my career once I graduate.
I would strongly suggest every student visits the career fairs whenever they are offered by the career center here at Stockton. It was a great chance to see what kinds of employers are in the area and looking for Stockton graduates to represent them. I will definitely be attending the career fair next year if it is hosted again.