Nicole Byer and the Best Homecoming Weekend EVER!

On Saturday October 11th, as part of the homecoming festivities, comedians Nicole Byer and Kevin Barnett came to Stockton. They performed in the Big Blue gym from 8-10pm and gave a fantastic performance. The comedians are from MTV’s hit show “Girl Code” and “Guy Code.” Since my brother and I love watching this show together, I invited him to come with me. Unfortunately, by the time I got in touch with my brother, it was unfeasible for him to make it down here.
Realizing that what we had planned for over a month was no longer possible, I decided to have enough fun for the both of us. I see myself as someone very similar to Nicole Byer. Not only do we look alike, but we have the same sense of humor, and act in very similar ways. It truly was an honor to see her in person. I sat in the front row, centermost seat. It is safe to say that I had the best seat in the house.
When Nicole walked on stage, I cried. I was seeing my role model and a very big part of me wanted to hug her. However, I kept my composure and screamed until I lost my voice, which I got back a week later. Her jokes were hilarious and I definitely had enough fun for both my brother and myself. Not only did attending this event make me happy on the inside, but it also allowed me to see how little school spirit Stockton has. Maybe I was a little biased because I was more excited than anyone else I knew. But, there was not a lot of screaming, excitement, or audience participation at the show. I thought maybe it was because people did not like Nicole Byer. Not only is that impossible, but I have noticed this at other events that weekend as well. The lack of school spirit is ultimately an issue I wish to fix during my years here.