Homecoming Weekend

Stockton’s Homecoming Weekend was held from Friday, October 10th to Sunday, October 12th.  It included events such as a comedy show, an annual parent’s breakfast, a carnival, the Osprey Ball, and multiple sports events.  The weekend was jam packed and had a wide variety of activities to fit everyone’s interests.  In my case, I attended the comedy show, the parent’s breakfast, and the Osprey Ball.  It was a weekend for fellow Osprey to interact, make new friends, and find out about student organizations that sponsored the homecoming events.

The comedy show which featured Nicole Byer and Kevin Barnett, comedians on the hit television show Girl Code and Guy Code, were hilarious.  It was college level humor that many of Stockton’s students could relate to.  I would not say that it was family appropriate, but it was definitely college appropriate.  Both comedians interacted with the crowd and seemed to really enjoy their jobs on stage.

The next event I attended was the Parent and Family Association Breakfast.  It was a welcoming atmosphere for students and their families.  This event was held in the Campus Center Event Room.  It included breakfast and light refreshments.  This breakfast was a great way for friends and family to catch up with students and prepare them for the exciting day ahead.

The final event I attended during Homecoming Weekend was the 19th Annual Osprey Ball.  This dance included dinner, music, a photo booth, and a great dance party.  The dance allowed for students to gather with friends and dance the night away.  This event lasted from 9pm-1pm.  The DJ was great, the food was tasty, and there was a friendly atmosphere thanks to the students and faculty.

Overall I would say that Homecoming Weekend was a success.  It gave students a reason to stay on campus, and families a reason to visit the campus.