Stockton Women’s Soccer Game

On the evening of Wednesday, September 3, 2014, I attended the women’s soccer game against Salisbury University. Being a freshman and a former soccer player, I found this event very enjoyable and a great way to end my first day of classes. Attending a sporting event at Stockton is a great way to feel a sense of community with the rest of the people on campus. Whether you are there with a group of old friends or just meeting someone for the first time, you are all there for the same purpose: to cheer on the Stockton Ospreys!

This women’s soccer game was a great way for freshman to meet and make connections outside of the Welcome week setting. I planned to see the game with a few friends, but I also met a number of other awesome people. It was great to witness how a group of complete strangers could connect over a soccer game just moments after meeting one another. Shortly after introducing ourselves, we were already working together to shout support for our girls on the field.

Unfortunately, our cheering did not do the trick and they lost with a score of 3-0. Although the women’s soccer team did not get the win that day, I would say the fans in the stands did by coming together and sending all sorts of encouragement out to the players. Being a supporter at an event like this one was a great experience. I plan on attending many more athletic events on campus, as they are a great way to show off my Stockton pride!