Honors Elections 2013

Student Director

SAGE MITCHELL

MitchellBecoming the Honors Student Director would be an excellent way for me to give back to a program that has been a part of me since my first day of coming to Stockton. Through my leadership involvement in campus clubs such as Water Watch, Quidditch, and Fencing, I have had numerous opportunities to learn how to organize, manage, and promote club activities and programs. I am capable of taking on the responsibilities of the Student Director because I care about this program and about my fellow students. I hope to bring new events, projects, and idea to the program and to work with the rest of the executive board to help the Honors Program continues to run smoothly and with the same family atmosphere it has always had.

Student Assistant Director

MARY-KATE FITZPATRICK

Fitzpatrick

Hello, my name is Mary-Kate Fitzpatrick. I am currently a Junior in the program. I have been on the Executive Board for the past year as a the Junior Class Representative. I will be running for Assistant Student Director this year. I want to help the program become a more Connected community and introduce new ideas. Since I have been part of the eBoard for the past year I have experience in how things are planned and completed for the program. It would a great opportunity to be elected as the 2014 Assistant Student Director.

Events Director

JESSA HERNANDEZ

HernandezHello, my name is Jessa Hernandez, I am a junior biology major and I am running for the position of director of events. I am organized, able to plan out events, and am willing to create and plan fun times. Currently I am the co-director of events and I would like to now be the director of events. I, with the help of my other co-director, have planned out the barbeque in the spring, two semesters of Pizza and Pong, scatterball, and in the future the holiday party. Now that I have gotten my feet wet in this position, I believe that this new election year I can make the events even better. At every honors event I have been doing some research to see how things are going and have been writing down the steps on how to plan these events and now that I have one year under my belt, I think that this upcoming year can be even better. I have had numerous learning experiences with event planning including honors, RHA, and SET, and I am ready to apply what I’ve learned to this position as well. I wanted to run for this position because I believe I can put a new spin on the position by keeping the events upbeat and advertising the events more throughout our honors community. So I hope you vote for who you think is best for the position, whether that is me or my opponents. Thank you for your consideration and I hope you vote for me.

Public Outreach Co-Directors

SIENA STUCKI

StuckiI’m Siena Stucki and I am running for the Outreach Position for the Honors Executive Board. I know as part of the Outreach Position, I would need to advertise the program possibly at Open Houses to perspective freshmen. I would love to stand in front of potential incoming students and tell them of the benefits of the Honors Program. Although I may be only a freshman, the Honors Program has already done so much for me that I would love to share with others. I believe I would also be good for the job because I enjoy being creative and would love to craft different posters and bookmarks to get the word out about the Honors Program. I was the sole photographer for my middle school paper and enjoy taking photos of events which could be used for such posters. The Honors Program is where I have met some of the best and most dedicated people at Stockton. Given the chance, I would be honored to advertise the hard working students of this program as the Honors Executive Board’s Outreach Representative.

NICOLE VANCIL

Vancil

Hello all.  My name is Nikki Vancil and I am running for the Director of Outreach position.  I feel I am qualified to be the Director of Outreach because I have been in a position of leadership since my junior year of High School.  I was also the Director of Outreach the last year and was successfully able to re-create the position and what it entails.  As the Director of Outreach you have to be able to work with all different types of people who are interested in joining not only this program but the college.  You also have to be creative as a big part of this job is creating the flyers, bookmarks, posters and year book ads for this program.  As the Director of Outreach I will continue to be an asset to the growing honors program.

Community Service Director

MCKENZIE LILLIA

Lillia

Hello! My name is McKenzie Lillia and I am a junior running for the position of Director of Community Service. Our time in college is a time when we each find our passion. For me, I have found that my passion is helping others. I have been an avid member of Stockton Circle K since my freshman year. Circle K lives by the motto “Live to Serve, Love to Serve.” I love to serve, and I believe becoming Director of Community Service will allow me to live to serve. I have a passion for service and I would like to instill that passion in other honors students as Director of Service. I have found that many view the service-learning requirement as solely a requirement. I want my fellow peers to get excited about doing service! I want to offer a different service project every month; hence everyone can find a service project that suits his or her interests. I would also like to get us involved in smaller scale volunteering efforts that do not necessarily count as service projects but get us out into the community, making a difference! I also believe that I have the personality and skills that make me well qualified for this position. I am an extremely hard worker, I am open-minded and willing to listen to others, and I am passionate in whatever tasks I undertake. The Honors Program has done so much for me in my time at Stockton, and now I would like to give back as Director of Community Service.

Peer Mentoring Co-Directors

Allison Stiles

Stiles

Hello. My name is Allison Stiles and I am running for the Peer Mentoring position.  I believe I can excel in this position for several reasons.  One: I am extremely organized, so no confusion will arise.  Two: I check my email just about every hour, so if anyone needs a response from me fast, I can get back to them as soon as possible.  Three: I have leadership experience from several clubs including 4-H and the colorguard at my high school.  Finally, I am a researcher, so anything that needs looking up like majors and programs, I can do it.  I like knowing things and helping people when they need someone.  This makes me able to perform my duties as the Peer Mentoring advisor.  I will match everyone up to the best of my abilities, and I will run the Scholars day smoothly.  Please vote for me, and I will not let anyone down.

Kimia Kheirkhah

KheirkhahHi! My name is Kimia, I am a Junior and I am running for the position of peer-mentoring. Those of you who know me, know me as this loud, crazy outgoing person, which is fine because I am.  In fact, that is the reason why I feel like I would be the best choice for this position.  I’ll get the freshmen’s attention and make them fall in love with us, because we are worth falling in love with.  I love making new friends and meeting new people.  I feel like meeting the incoming freshmen is a great honor and responsibility since we’re basically making a first impression on them and those matter!  I will do everything I can to make that first impression both memorable and great. I want to be the mother hen to all the incoming kittens as GT says…and I know hens and kittens don’t go well together, but still!  I think my outgoing personality will create a friendly, warm and open environment where the incoming students will feel at ease to meet strangers, break the ice and leave with friends.  The most important thing to me is making sure there is a strong connection, not just between the mentor and the mentee, but between everyone in the honors program.  Even though I had an amazing mentor, I have learned countless more things from all the honors upper classmen in the Honors Program and I would like the incoming freshman to feel like everyone in the honors program can help them.  This is because we each have our own specialty, interest, and something unique to offer; no one person can know everything. I hope you guys support my vision for the incoming freshman and my goals.  A vote for me is a vote for a connected and united Honors Program.

Fundraising and Finance Co-Directors

Shannon Bley

BleyHello everyone, my name is Shannon Bley, and I am a freshman running to be the Director of Fundraising and Financing on the honors board. To be honest, when I first applied to the honors program and was accepted, I wasn’t sure if I would belong here, and had no idea what to expect. I certainly did not expect to be Irish dancing at the honors weekend in June. However, it was at that moment, when we were all flailing about and trying to figure out the dance steps, that I knew the honors program was right for me. Meeting all these friendly honors students made me want to be more involved in the program. I decided that running for this position on the honors board would be the best way to do that. As Director of Fundraising and Financing, I would plan numerous fundraisers throughout the semester so that we can raise money for the honors program and do fun activities, such as going on exciting field trips. I would keep an accurate record of finances within the honors program and aim to plan enjoyable fundraising activities to raise money for the program, more than the usual bake sale and car wash. For example, we could have a pie throwing contest, or sell strips of duct tape to tape a volunteer to the wall. In the past, I have served as the chairman of community service for my FFA chapter and as treasurer in my scuba diving venture crew. I am always coming up with new ideas (though some of them may be a bit outlandish) and am always happy to help others whenever they need it! Thank you!

Kristine Duong

DuongMy name is Kristine Duong and I am a freshman Biology major. I would like to be involved in this spectacular society that most call the honors program, but what I have come to call home.  Being involved in activities is my passion and I would like to be active in the honors program by being part of the honors outreach position.  I have really come to love the honors program and must say, besides making the decision to enroll at Stockton, it is one of my best decisions. I would love to have the opportunity to express all the great things about honors and possibly influence other students to apply for the program. I do have prior experience when it comes to fundraising for a club or a cause. One of the events that I have organized was the very first cupcake wars I my high school. We got a lot of participants and had the whole school involved in the viewing and purchasing of them. We were able to raise more than two hundred dollars and brought the students together as a community. I have a lot of ideas for fundraising and am really excited to contribute them to the honors program. In the past I have also held many treasurer positions and have been well trusted with money. I hope to become a Director of funds and fundraising.

Junior Class Representative

STEPHANIE SHEEHAN

SheehanHi Honors Students, my name is Stephanie Sheehan and I am running for Junior Class Representative. I first found out about Stockton’s Honors Program on Stockton’s website. I was captivated by the program due to the challenge, encouragement, warm atmosphere, and fun photos on the website. I was excited to not only challenge myself but to be a part of what is described as the Honors experience. I am finding out exactly what that experience entails. The Honors program is much more than just a few extra requirements, the program stimulates and challenges students to encompass their full potential with the complete support of the Honors family. As Class Representative I hope to portray to students, faculty, the community, as well as prospective students how valuable the Honors Program is.

Sophomore Class Representative

JAKE LIPMAN

Lipman

Hello, my name is Jake Lipman and I will be running for the class of 2016 Representative. I hope to continue the admirable job that Matthew Zivi has done this past year and represent the class of 2016’s interests to the fullest. I believe I possess the qualities to be a good class rep, as I am responsible, level headed and try to listen to everyone’s opinions. I believe that these assets I bring to the table are valuable for the Honors E-board.

Freshman Class Co-Representatives

Tori Novack

Novack

My name is Tori Novack, and I am running for Class of 2017 Rep for the 2014 school year.  I belonged to the National Honor Society in high school where I was the chairperson for the Go Green campaign as well as the web master for the organization.  Even though I have only been in college for two months, I have already gained a leadership position in the Stockton Christian Fellowship and have joined the worship team on Tuesday night meetings.  Also, I will am representing the club on the Campus Religious Council.  I am involved in Ratio Christi and look to join more clubs as the year progresses and as my schedule permits.  I would like to represent the Class of 2017 because I feel I am very approachable and open to ideas.  Speaking for my class rather than for myself will always be my priority, and if given the chance, I promise not to disappoint.  I have attended the meetings thus far and plan to continue attending the meetings.  Vote Tori Novack for Class of 2017 Rep!

Anthony Thawley

Thawley

Hello fellow Stockton Honors students, my name is Anthony Thawley, and I would like to be your Class of 2017 representative. Is your Stockton Honors Program experience everything you thought it would be? Do you have ideas for change or improvement to the program? Well, I want to be your source to bring these ideas to the Honors Executive Board; I want to be your Class of 2017 Representative – your voice. I want to ensure that the Honors Program experience at Stockton is everything we want it to be. The Executive Board will hear our concerns because as your Class Representative I will be there to push.  I will not relent until our Honors experience is all that we hoped it would be.  I am asking for your vote for Class Representative because I want to ensure that the Class of 2017 is a vital part in the Honors Program.  Let the 2017 voice be heard!